SNOWMOBILE SAFARI TO A REINEER FARM
SNOWMOBILE SAFARI TO A REINDEER FARM
Duration : 3 hours
Family friendly tour
Reindeer safari : included
ADVENTURE DESCRIPTION :
This snowmobile safari will give you a chance to ride your own snowmobile on the forest trails around the Santa Claus Village area. You will enjoy the beautiful wintery scenery, during the way we will make several stops to admire snowy nature.
After snowmobiling we will go to local Reindeer Farm where you will get to experience short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride (~700 meters). We warm ourselves up in the Lappish tepee called “kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and cookies will be served for the guests. Here we take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle ceremony, where you will be told the Oldest Legend of Lapland. Then it is time to leave and end the tour. Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30-40 minutes, time in the reindeer farm 1 hour. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge.
The tour is suitable for families with children; children are traveling in the sledge pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. You will be awarded with the International Reindeer Driver’s License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate.
Snowmobile safaris start and end in our office located at the Santa Claus Village. You can skip return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
* Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
* All described activities, services and equipment
* Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
* Coffee and biscuits
* Visit to the reindeer farm and a short sleigh ride
* International Reindeer Driver’s License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
* Guidance is in English, other languages on request
* Guaranteed daily departures 01 of December – 31 of March
* Family friendly tour
* Safari participants are held liable for damages caused to snowmobiles. The maximum amount of it is 900 €.
* The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)