REINDEER FARM VISIT & SHORT SELF-DRIVING SAFARI WITH LUNCH
REINDEER FARM VISIT & SHORT SELF-DRIVING SAFARI
Duration : 2,5 hours
ADVENTURE DESCRIPTION :
Your excursion starts with pick-up from your hotel or apartments and transport to lovely Sierijärvi reindeer farm. Roat takes approximetaly 25 minutes.
Welcome to Sierijärvi Reindeer farm! Residents and farmers of this place are engaged in reindeer breeding for last 400+ years.
Following a detailed introduction to reindeer life, you will have a unique opportunity to pass a test and obtain your special reindeer sleigh "driving licence" without any age restrictions. Take a seat in the sleigh and you are off.
Getting cold? Warm yourself up next to the open fire in the hut and enjoy a cup of hot juice. In this traditional Lapland hut you will be “baptized” in the ways of the North.
This event must be celebrated, so a national supper awaits all newly-made Lapps!
Enjoy reindeer meat cooked according to an ancient recipe, with lingonberry sauce, mashed Lappish potatoes, pickles, sweet dessert and juice.
* Hotel pickup and drop-off
* Professional English speaking guide
* Safety- and driving instructions
* Guided tour on the reindeer farm
* Self-driving Reindeer safari, route length 500 m
* Lunch at traditional Finnish restaurant on the reindeer farm
* Hot berry juice around the campfire
* Informative talk about reindeers
* Guaranteed departures 30 of December – 10 of January
* Family friendly tour