REINEER ANTLER SECRET
Duration : 3+ hours
Suitable for: Everybody
Ideal for: Families
ADVENTURE DESCRIPTION :
Reindeer antlers have long been a raw material for the indigenous peoples of Lapland, both for tools and decorative items. The reindeer naturally shed their antlers every year, thereby providing a ready source of this raw material. You will learn about the long established traditions, as well as reindeer antler working in general.
The ride takes only 20 minutes, during programme: you will visit a traditional Finnish house, workshop for the production of souvenirs and knives, also you will get acquainted with the family of Finnish craftsmen, create your own souvenir from one of Lapland´s most typical raw materials, try Lappish delicacies and much more.
The program provides a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the culture, traditions, taste the local cuisine and learn a lot from the real masters of their craft.
ADVENTURE INCLUDES :
* Hotel pickup and drop-off
* Lappish handicraft workshop experience
* English speaking guide
* Visit a log-built Lappish home and watch traditional items
* Coffee, tea and sweetbreads
* Craft your own small object from reindeer antler as a souvenir
* Learn how antlers are eco-friendly for being shed by reindeers every year
SPECIAL TERMS :
* Family friendly tour