NORTHERN LIGHTS HUNTING BY CAR
NORTHERN LIGHTS HUNTING BY MINIBUS/BUS
FIND THE AURORA BOREALIS
Duration : 3 hours
Suitable for: Everybody
See: Aurora Borealis
ADVENTURE DESCRIPTION :
Here, in Lapland, you can watch the Northern Lights 200 nights a year on average. Aurora borealis lights adorn the sky throughout the year. However, to this phenomenon has been seen, the sky must be dark enough. The best time to observe the northern lights - September to April. During programme you will learn a lot about this natural phenomenon, and also you can learn how to take pictures of it!
By car, we will go to a location far away from city lights, with a magnificent view of the starry sky. After a short walk we will go to the grill and eat Lappish sausages, cooked on the open fire. Tea and coffee will also be available. Sitting by the fire, guide will tell us about the facts, myths and beliefs associated with the northern lights. And, if we are lucky, we will see the northern lights, shimmering on the dark blue sky.
At least once in a lifetime must-see myriads of lights and colors of the Northern Lights in Lapland sky. People say, that the aurora borealis occurs when "fire fox" touch the trees by tail.
* Hotel pickup and drop-off
* Three hours Aurora hunting programme
* Tasty sausages sizzled up over the fire, along with a hot drink
* Professional English speaking guide
* Venture into the countryside to escape the glow of Rovaniemi's lights
* Learn about the science and legends of the lights from an informative local guide
* Warm overall set for additional cost - 15€ \ set \ person (shoes, overall, gloves, hat etc.)
* Family friendly tour
* Small group tour
* Guaranteed daily departures 20 of August - 15 of April