FULL DAY SNOWMOBILE SAFARI WITH ICE FISHING WITH LUNCH
FULL DAY SNOWMOBILE SAFARI WITH ICE FISHING
Duration : 8 hour
Suitable for: Adults only
Distance: 50 - 65 km.
ADVENTURE DESCRIPTION :
This is a full day snowmobile tour for those who really want to do snowmobiling and experience the best of Lapland wilderness. The tour takes you further from the usual safari trails as we ride on snowmobiles to the North direction from the Santa Claus Village. Journey takes us through the beautiful winterish forest and we make several stops on the way to enjoy the frozen nature and landscapes.
There will be a longer break while we reach the Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge – a traditional lumberjack house nestled by the river of Raudanjoki. Surrounded by beautiful rapids, lush shoreline forest and pristine nature, you can walk around in the Lodge area, visit the river island and admire frozen rapids. Delicious hot soup lunch will be prepared and eaten by a campfire to fill you up with warmth and extra energy. After lunch it is time to test your luck in ice fishing, the favourite hobby of many laplanders. Your guide will give you the equipment and after a little walk on the ice, you will be instructedto drill a hole and set your fishing hook.
There are hundreds of kilometres of trails to choose and guide will decide the best possible direction based on your riding skills and weather conditions. On the way you might pass some interesting sights, spot some animal tracks etc and your guide will make sure these small wonders will not be unnoticed. In the afternoon we take a coffee break in the forest and soon after that it is time to turn back towards home.
Please note you will stay outdoors for minimum 8 hours and have long snowmobile ride. 2 adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge.
Single riding is much more enjoyable due to the nature and duration of the tour.
Snowmobile safaris start and end in our office located at the Santa Claus Village. You can skip return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
* Hotel pickup and drop-off
* All described activities, services and equipment
* Soup lunch and hot drinks prepared at the campfire
* Snack break at the forest camp
* Guidance is in English, other languages on request
* Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
* Guaranteed daily departures 01 of December – 31 of March
* Adults only
* Safari participants are held liable for damages caused to snowmobiles. The maximum amount of it is 900 €.
* The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)